No modis button dwiz for NMM core?

Forum dedicated to older versions of EMS package (WRFEMS v3.2, v3.1 or older). Support is user-to-user based, so please help others if you can.
theocarter2911

No modis button dwiz for NMM core?

Post by theocarter2911 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 am

Hi All,

I suspect I am being daft in some way - but setting up a basic NMM 10km grid of about 100km by 50km domain over the UAE - I do not see the option button for Modis (instead of USGS landuse).

I need Modis landuse as USGS puts Dubai in the sea, skewering the data, and Modis has us on land. This is preferable! :-)

Have read through the manual more than once, maybe I am missing something? I know Robert is crazy busy, so figured I would post here first before bugging him.

Cheers,
Theo Carter, Operational Forecaster, Dubai Int. Airport.

meteoadriatic

Re: No modis button dwiz for NMM core?

Post by meteoadriatic » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 am

Hello!

I don't use dwiz so I have no idea but you can manually change that option in the namelist.wps!

Also try to use ems_domain.pl script instead of dwiz, it is not that complex.
http://strc.comet.ucar.edu/software/new ... pter05.pdf

To set modis landuse go into namelist.wps file in your runs/domainname/static directory and change this line like this one:

geog_data_res = 'modis_30s'

Then you need to recreate domain by issuing "ems_domain.pl --localize domainname" command

theocarter2911

Re: No modis button dwiz for NMM core?

Post by theocarter2911 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:32 am

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!

I will go down that route. I will also post back my benchmarks and setup issues and motivations for OS etc.

I am designing a backup NEWR nmm core machine for our main (private company built and maintained) wrf arw-only cluster, which was set up before I joined this office.

Cheers,
Theo